We subscribe to the doctrinal statement contained in "The Baptist Faith and Message" as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963. In summary it affirms the following truths:
- God’s Word. All Scripture (the Bible) is the divinely inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings. The Bible contains the complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of lost people. The Bible is the final authority for Christian faith and life.
- God. There is one and only one living and true God. He is the Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is true God and true man, the eternal Son of God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, revealing to mankind the character of God the Father. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of God the Father He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, as the "Spirit of God" and the "Spirit of Christ," is the spiritual manifestation of God and the third member of the Triune God (the Trinity). The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and to convict people of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- Mankind. Man was created by a special act of God, in the image of God, and is the crowning act of God’s creation. Man fell into sin and is therefore lost (separated from God). Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. Only the grace of God can bring man into fellowship (relationship) with God, through faith, and allow man to fulfill the creative purpose of God.
- Salvation. Salvation is offered freely by God to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe. Only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.